Valley Cottage is a hamlet in the town of Clarkstown, Rockland County, New York, United States. It is located northeast of West Nyack, northwest of Central Nyack east of Bardonia, south of Congers, northwest of Nyack, and west of Upper Nyack.
- Valley Cottage Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary School is a Blue Ribbon Award winner (2000–2001) and semi-finalists (2004), New York State winner of International Reading Award and ING Unsung Heroes Award (2004) for Karne Andreasen's "Turn on to Reading" program.
Some places of interest:
- Knickerbocker Fire House - established 1862
- Palisades Center bordering Valley Cottage from West Nyack side.
- Rockland Lake Community was a thriving community made up of the many workers at the Knickerbocker Ice Company.
- Rockland Lake State Park
- Storms Tavern - believed to have been built in 1765 restored in 2008
- Tolstoy Foundation of Valley Cottage, founded in 1939 by Alexandra Lvovna Tolstoy, youngest daughter of Leo Tolstoy. Some of the Board members throughout the years included Sergei Rachmaninoff - composer & conductor, Igor Sikorsky - aviation pioneer in both helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft, Boris Bakhmeteff - engineer, professor of Civil Engineering at Columbia University and the only ambassador of the Russian Provisional Government to the United States, Boris Sergievsky - one of the most colourful of the early aviators.
For more information about Valley Cottage and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
Valley Cottage Properties
- Chestnut Ridge
- New City
- New Hempstead
- Pearl River
- Spring Valley
- Stony Point
- Valley Cottage
- Wesley Hills
- West Haverstraw
- West Nyack
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.